Grass carpet is made of plastic reinforcement mesh that provides protection to grass surface. This type of carpet can withstand outdoor elements like snow, sunlight and rain. Most of the grass carpets are made of UV treated grass fibers which have the ability to reduce the fading caused by long exposure to sunlight. There are many backings used to help grass carpets so that they can kept outdoors. Some backings need to be glued so that they can be held in place. There are types of grass carpets that can be installed on wood decks by use of staples to hold them around the edges.
In order to have a beautiful landscape, the best grass carpet is used in a lawn to make it attractive. This type of carpet does well in slightly acidic soils with long exposure to sunlight. Grass carpet can be used in decks, patios and gardens. It is an ideal choice for areas where traditional landscaping proves to be impractical due to climate, cost and environmental limitations. Many schools and other institutions have benefitted by using brightly colored grass carpets on their playgrounds. These carpets are also popularly used in sport pitches for soccer, hockey, tennis, rugby and golf by providing a reliable, safe and consistent surface that requires a minimum maintenance cost.
What to consider when choosing the right grass carpet
Most of the grass carpets are durable and can withstand high traffic. If you are considering using grass in an area where you expect heavy foot traffic and pets, grass carpet is the best choice for you.
Grass carpet should have coarse blades which form dense turf. The importance of density is the ability to tolerate harsh weather conditions. Grass carpet with good density makes it the best when it comes to erosion control and resistance to weeds.
Grass carpet should have low maintenance cost. The low maintenance requirements make the grass carpet very suitable for areas such as gardens, airports, parks and roadsides.
You should choose your grass carpet depending on the type of soil it will thrive in. Grass carpet does well on wet and unfertilized soil. It is applicable in shady areas where other grasses perform poorly.
Benefits of grass carpets
• Grass carpets provide wonderful lawns for families to enjoy good times at their gardens. These carpets provide the best lawns for kids to play on.
• The carpets are long lasting and hardly wear hence guarantee you the value for your money.
• A grass carpet can transform your unused back yard to a wonderful garden that is perfect during sunny day and BBQs.
• The carpet is pet friendly since it is stain resistant. It is easy to clean up the mess.
• Grass carpets are environmental friendly; this is because they do not need any fertilizers, weed killers and pesticides.
• The carpet does not require any watering.
• It is easy to install grass carpets and maintain them.
• The grass carpets do not require mowing and therefore no emission or noise pollution is produced.
• No weeds or moss will grow in the grass carpet.